A YEAR AGO, AMD showed off the first Evergreen part, it was a Juniper wafer and a card behind the scenes. Tomorrow morning, Taiwan time, a few birds told us that AMD will be showing off Fusion silicon.
Word is that AMD will be showing off one of their Fusion chips, which narrows it down to Llano or Ontario. Both are potentially coming this year, so either one is possible. Ontario combines Evergreen shaders and a Bobcat core, Llano adds Evergreen to a 32nm Shanghai derivative. Exactly what AMD will demo tomorrow is anyone’s guess, but at least you know what is officially going to be shown at the keynote tomorrow. Llano and Ontario are going to be game changers, so keep a close eye on what is said tomorrow.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- What’s going on with Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC? - Sep 26, 2023
- What is the code name for the next Qualcomm laptop SoC? - Sep 19, 2023
- How fast is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC - Sep 19, 2023
- How is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC doing? - Sep 12, 2023
- A new player enters the ARM laptop SoC space - Aug 16, 2023