It looks like Global Foundries just grabbed their biggest name yet by hiring Samsung’s Ana Hunter. I guess this breaks the informal detente between the two foundries, but what will it do to the common platform alliance?
I guess the rumors are official
A the very least this is a major coup for Global Foundries and will most likely breathe a lot of life in to their business. If they can hire away someone of Ana’s stature it bodes well for customer acquisition too. Keep an eye on this one.S|A
Have you signed up for our newsletter yet?
Did you know that you can access all our past subscription-only articles with a simple Student Membership for 100 USD per year? If you want in-depth analysis and exclusive exclusives, we don’t make the news, we just report it so there is no guarantee when exclusives are added to the Professional level but that’s where you’ll find the deep dive analysis.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel looks at laptop power usage - Nov 23, 2020
- AMD slide confirms our delay story - Nov 19, 2020
- AMD stays trendy and delays Milan a bit - Nov 13, 2020
- Intel delays a mainstream server platform once again - Nov 12, 2020
- Intel releases Server GPU and significant software updates - Nov 11, 2020