It looks like Nvidia is playing naming games again, at least according to SemiAccurate’s sources. The upcoming GM204 has had a last-minute re-branding to make it ‘bigger’.
So what is Nvidia now calling their GM204 product, and what will it deliver? Did Nvidia rename it because we exclusively leaked the last set in July? Will these names stick until launch or will they change once again? Why are they launching the good stuff so shortly after the first launch? (Hint to non-subscribers: Wait, trust us here.) We can only answer some of those questions at the moment, so on with it.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel looks at laptop power usage - Nov 23, 2020
- AMD slide confirms our delay story - Nov 19, 2020
- AMD stays trendy and delays Milan a bit - Nov 13, 2020
- Intel delays a mainstream server platform once again - Nov 12, 2020
- Intel releases Server GPU and significant software updates - Nov 11, 2020