As you all know, Sapphire Rapids has been delayed several times, the latest one putting volume delivery of the part 1Q before it’s successor, Emerald Rapids, was due. Intel has been saying that Emerald (EMR) will come out ~4Q after Sapphire (SPR), +/-1Q depending on who is talking and when. To the best of our knowledge, that is still the case although none of the usual sources have any real idea when it will ship. Depending on what Intel officially calls a launch, EMR could still launch in late 2023. Lets just say things are likely to change before parts hit the streets for real.
With that out of the way, there has been precious little made public about what EMR actually is. Lets rectify that now.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- What’s going on with Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC? - Sep 26, 2023
- What is the code name for the next Qualcomm laptop SoC? - Sep 19, 2023
- How fast is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC - Sep 19, 2023
- How is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC doing? - Sep 12, 2023
- A new player enters the ARM laptop SoC space - Aug 16, 2023